Design Considerations for Cold Storage Construction
1 Formal CPD Hour
22 November 2021
3:00 pm AEDT
Presented by Chris Davis
ASKIN has been installing Coolrooms and Freezers in Australia for over 50 years and have built conforming facilities from the tropical (Humid) North to the Cooler Southern States.
Understanding the market ASKIN can provided solutions for architects and designers from Stand Alone Cool Storage Facilities down to Kit Rooms.
Thermally controlled facilities within the food chain such as food processing, cold storage and freezers are designed as per the specific project requirements.
Insulated panels with their attributes in relation to thermal, fire, cleanliness, long spans, and airtightness are critical to a high performing energy efficient facility.
This presentation focuses on New and Existing buildings and looks at the requirements for structure (wind loadings), weatherproofing, fire, thermal, acoustics, airtightness, and condensation. This topic will help highlight the importance of the external wall in the overall high performing building envelope.
At the end of this presentation attendees will:
- Understand the requirements of Insulated Panels in the different building classes and construction types
- The 4 main considerations in panelised construction for temperature control layers: thermal, air, vapour drive and moisture (water)
- Use of panels for external and internal applications
- The different uses of buildings within the controlled environment sector
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of panelised construction